I always thought I would never get pregnant because I was never going with the flow. I can tell that from childhood. I remember I was in the borderline to be rejected at school and ironically, I did more than great! I was a kind of a nerd. While many classmates were watching soap operas or playing something as popular as Pokemon GO, I was studying a third language or painting on a new canvas.
Anyways, I realized I was joining planet earth when I first got my period, felt in love and so on…until I finally got married and pregnant. Wow! I got pregnant! I suddenly thought “I’ll have a little one to make happy and be friends for life”. First thing I did was to tell Tom the amazing news almost crying of happiness. Second thing, I saved my pregnancy test in a safe place for my future baby scrapbook and called my sister to tell the news . Then I just wanted to run to the mall to buy tiny clothing….
Jeg har alltid tenkt at jeg aldri ville bli gravid fordi jeg aldri ble med strømmen. slik var det fra barndom. Jeg husker jeg var på kanten til å bli nektet å gå på min foretrukne skole. Ironisk nok, så gjorde jeg det bra på skolen! Jeg var en nerd. Mens mange klassekamerater var opptatt med å se på såpeoperaer eller å spille noe så populær som Pokemon GO, jeg var fokusert på et tredje språk eller maling på et nytt lerret.
Uansett, jeg innså at jeg var med planeten jorden da jeg først fikk min periode, følte forelsket og så videre … til ble jeg endelig gift og gravid. Herregud! Jeg ble gravid! Jeg tenkte «Jeg skal ha en liten baby og, gi henne kjærlighet og bli venner for livet» Første ting jeg gjorde var å fortelle Tom de fantastiske nyhetene (nesten gråtende av lykke). Etter det, lagret jeg min graviditetstest på et trygt sted for min fremtidige baby utklippsbok og ringte søsteren min til å sprede nyhetene. Så ville jeg bare løpe til butikken for å kjøpe bitte små klær ….
Pregnancy hits women in many different ways. Of course, there comes some discomforts, but the joy is much greater than that. Luckily, I was very active in a late stage. I got a (mega-reloaded) nesting feeling for the “viktorious” arrival. Today, I realize I was subconsciously preparing myself to be a mother.
Graviditet treffer kvinner på mange forskjellige måter. Selvfølgelig, det kommer noen ubehag, men gleden er mye større enn det. Heldigvis var jeg veldig aktiv da jeg var høygravid. Jeg fikk en (mega-ladet) hekkende følelse for den “viktorious” ankomsten. I dag innser jeg at jeg ble ubevisst forberedt på å bli mamma.
If I have to recall the most enjoyable things of pregnancy, that would definitely be Viktoria’s kicks and acrobatics. Plus chocolate, bunch of chocolates and…tropical fruits!!! (Yes, that sounds a bit demanding given that we are living in a Nordic country). Thanks my love for satisfying my cravings.
Hvis jeg må huske de mest moro tingene på graviditet, vil det definitivt være Viktoria’s spark og akrobatikk. Pluss sjokolade, masse sjokolade og tropiske frukter … !!! (Ja, det høres litt krevende siden vi bor i et nordisk land). Takk min kjære for å tilfredsstille mine begjær.
So, the 3 pictures were taken by Tom. They are all sweet but we only love the first two.
Here are my advices for a DIY maternity photoshoot:
- Find the theme: As you can see in Picture N.1, my theme could be “the arrival of the princess”. Imagine the objects that might be around and the background of the picture.
- Do logistics: Are you going to wear white?blue?pink? hold a baby accessory? Make a checklist for the shooting day.
- Plan the day: If you live in a city where climate can suddenly turn bad, consider to check your climate app if the photoshoot will be outdoors (important in Bergen). I advice you to reserve the day just for the photoshoot. As a pregnant woman, you are doing already too much on creating a little one. Plus, you need to look happy and relax 😀
- Setting up the camera: Take some shoots here and there, find the best light conditions. Unless you are shooting with a Go-Pro, most cameras work best when the light hits you. You can see that in my first picture. Quite on the contrary, the results weren’t satisfactory on my third picture, because of the simple fact that I was standing in a shadowed area.
- Have fun: Try different poses, enjoy. One day you will see those picture with your children and only good memories have to come.
Feeling curious about the places?
Picture N1: King’s holiday castle Gamlehaugen (Bergen-Norway).
Picture N2: Our bedroom.
Picture N3: The background on the other side is Bryggen (Bergen-Norway).